hABOUT SIGNIFICANCE OF AKSHAYA TRITIYA.
I remember that every year on this day, My Gurudeva Sri Srimad Bhaktivedanta Narayan Goswami Maharaja, would talk to us about the wonderful benefits of this most auspicious day, telling us the story about how, his own Guru and how he had established the Gaudiya Vedanta Samiti on this day. He would tell us that whatever we do on this day, whatever project we start on this day, by the nature of the planetary configuration. That endeavour becomes imperishable.
What is Akshaya Tritiya?
Astrologically, this day is considered the brightest day of the year. It is the third bright lunar day of the spring month of Vaisakha in the Hindu calendar. (April- May). This is one of the four most auspicious days of the year. The entire day is considered auspicious to start new endeavours.
On this day Sun is in Aries in FULL MAJESTY and Moon is in Taurus also in FULL DIGNITY. Their positions are such that they emit maximum light and positivity.
Akshaya Tritiya is the perfect day to make new beginnings so that they produce imperishable results.
To understand the power of this Sacred day lets have a look at what has happened historically on Akshaya Tritiya
- Sage Vedavyasa began reciting the Hindu epic Mahabharata to Ganesha on Akshaya Tritiya.
- This is the day when Lord Vishnu was incarnated as sage Parashuram.
- Annapurna, the Goddess of food, was born on this day, and later Lord Shiva came as a beggar to take charity from her.
- Lord Kubera, received his wealth and position as custodian of wealth and property of the Devas.
- King Yudhishthira and the Pandavas receive the Akshaya Patra (a magical vessel which holds a never-ending supply of food) from Lord Surya on this day.
- Lord Krishna bestowed unimaginable wealth on his poor friend Sudama Vipra who had come to see him with only a handful of rice flakes.
- Lord Brahma started his creative endeavours on Akshaya Tritiya. He also created barley, which is like a medicine and considered the root of all corn and other grain families.
- Today Barley is given today to Krsna.
- Candana-yatra, will also begin on this auspicious day.
A great Day to practise the art of giving and maximise the divine blessings in your life by performing only auspicious actions.
It comes once every year and is one of the most fortunate and sacred festivals which carries good luck, triumph and success in new beginnings, weddings, big investments, buying property or gold.
The benefits of doing any mantra chanting, Yagya (Fire Sacrifices), honouring your ancestors or giving charity on this day will never diminish.
Any seed we plant on Akshaya Tritiya day will grow to infinite dimensions, so one should choose to plant the seeds of prosperity, joy, success, and compassion.
According to Vedas giving with a pure heart, brings back the money manifold. However, on Akshaya Tritiya, the returns are not just manifold, they are infinite.
Akshaya Tritiya is the single most powerful day for charities.
TOP 10 Things to DO on Akshaya Tritiya.
- Chant mantras and prayers at least 108 times.
- Initiate new projects and ventures. Any seed we plant on this day will reach infinite dimensions. Plant the seeds of prosperity, joy, success and kindness.
- Worship Laxmi Devi the Goddess of fortune and write down your hopes and wishes offering them to Her along with flowers, milk and incense.
- Plant holy trees such as Tulsi, Pipal or Rudraksha tree.
- Donate to your favourite cause. Charity done on this day is considered extremely auspicious. It is the single most powerful day for charities.
- It is best day to forgive and forget the past and renew relationships with friends and relatives.
- Buy property and Land.
- Purchase gold or jewels.
- Perform a Yagya fire sacrifice, to please Supreme Lord and pray for ancestors well being.
- Honour the Brahmins. And remember to chant the Hare Krsna Mahamantra. Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare.
From my side I wish you all the best. Luck and auspiciousness. And as always I would like to say:
Radhe Radhe, May the Goddess of Love Bless your Heart.